Greetings from St. Paul’s United Church of Christ in Ballard. During this challenging time of social isolation and focus on community health, a place of faith, hope and support like St. Paul’s is more critical than ever. We are humbly requesting your help and attendance at our fundraising auction coming up on November 7, 2020, 6:00 pm Pacific.
Since the pandemic caused a shut down of our church, we have not been able to host the many daily community meetings and services that occur every single week. We have been able to keep the building open for a group of homeless adults that have been sheltering in place since March. We are hoping you will help us continue our mission of community service here in Ballard.
WHAT WE DO AT ST. PAUL’S UCC:
- SHELTER THE HOMELESS: SHARE (Seattle Housing and Resource Effort) uses our basement every night and currently 24 hours a day to provide shelter for homeless men and women.
- FEED THE HOMELESS. We have continued to cook and serve Sunday dinners held in conjunction with other Ballard churches which feed 50 to 80 people each week, even during this pandemic.
- SUPPORT RECOVERY. Once the building is open again, we will be able to once again provide meeting space for 22 groups and counting! Over 1,000 folks each week gather for support in recovery from addictions through 12-Step programs.
- DONATE FAMILY FOOD. We support food security for families monthly through the Emergency Feeding Program of Seattle/King County.
- CELEBRATE ARTISTS. Once the building is open again, we will be able to continue to highlight emerging local artists in our Gallery space each month.
- WORSHIP TOGETHER. We are a small but mighty congregation made up of seekers, believers and doubters. We currently gather digitally and look forward to gathering in person in the future where we can meet and help to strengthen our community. All are welcome at St. Paul’s.
We hope you can join us on November 7, 2020 at 6:00 Pacific for the digital auction by signing up today. Once you are registered a confirmation card and event information will be emailed to you.
Thank you for your support and remember – the Pie’s the Limit!